Can We Help You? Take Our Simple Quiz
Does this describe you?
- You yell at the kids on the way to church, then put on the happy face because that’s what’s expected. But in quiet moments, you are crumbling inside.
- You are exhausted trying to make sure everyone is happy. You manage your spouse and your kids’ emotions, try to make everything perfect. Now you just want to give up.
- The kids hear the “Christianese” around friends and your small group, but then see a different Dad or Mom at home. It severely undermines your authority and respect.
- Marriage is not what you expected. You hear the right words coming from his mouth, but you are two strangers under the same roof, emotionally worlds apart. You are afraid to say anything.
- Where did this defiance come from? You NEVER would have gotten away with this as a kid. You struggle with guilt—what am I doing wrong, I must be a bad parent.
- You feel judged and secretly don’t want to go to church. Other parents look at your kids, then judge you. “If you were a better parent, your kids wouldn’t behave like that.”
- You were told that consequences, time-outs and spanking would work. But your kids look right through you. Nothing works.
- You look in the mirror and don’t know who you’ve become. You used to be so full of energy, idealism and can-do spirit. You were going to change the world for Christ. Now you feel dead inside.
- You do everything for everyone else, like the dutiful wife. And what do you get in return? Certainly not respect or gratitude. You don’t like the resentment and bitterness slowly choking you.
- You sacrificed everything to homeschool your kids. It seems like everyone else is so happy doing it, but you’re miserable. You beat yourself up thinking, “What am I doing wrong?”
- You don’t know how to deal with conflict. So you ignore it, run away or try to control others. But this just makes it worse.
- You’ve been hurt by religion. You got involved in a church and ended up feeling used, judged and discarded. The thing is, you love God. But you don’t want anything to do with church.
- You sometimes grieve because this isn’t the child you wanted. Then you feel guilty for such thoughts. But he’s so difficult. You’ve done everything the way you were supposed to, and still he’s an emotional time bomb. You need some step-by-step instructions and practical, real world solutions.
- You are trapped in this vicious cycle of pleasing people. You can’t say no and you feel compelled to manage everyone else’s emotions and happiness.
- You lecture, yell and negotiate with your kids endlessly. You feel so anxious. This isn’t the peace that God promised.
- You and your spouse argue over how to discipline the kids. One is too soft and lets the kids get away with things; the other is too harsh and verbally dismissive. You’re inconsistent with discipline and make empty threats.
- You used to be carefree, but now you feel like everything has to be perfect. Your kitchen, the kids’ clothes, birthdays, your kids’ behavior. It’s too much.
Don’t feel bad if you answered YES to far too many of the questions. You are not alone. Use it as motivation to finally make concrete changes instead of just hoping things get better. We invite you to renew your mind and be mentored by Kirk Martin through our Christian Parenting University (CPU) CDs & DVDs. If you want to be that calm, immovable rock who lives with joy and freedom, Renew Your Mind Through CPU.
Does your child…
- Refuse to comply at home and school?
- Control others, act bossy and enforce “fairness”?
- Relate well to adults and younger children, but struggle with peers?
- Get a thrill from pushing your buttons and arguing like an attorney?
- Refuse to go to church.
- Melt down over changes, disappointments, and little things?
- Live a disorganized, forgetful, and impulsive life?
- Appear unmotivated and underperform academically?
- Become frustrated getting thoughts from head to paper while writing?
- Constantly move, fidget, make noises, or chew on things?
- Play video games for hours, but can’t focus on work for 10 minutes?
- Like to cuddle, wrestle, or be wrapped in blankets?
- Fear of being alone or the dark, insisting you lie down with him/her at bedtime?
- Have a sensitivity to touch, noise, sight, aromas, or clothes?
- Procrastinate with homework, but hyper-focus on personal projects?
- Need you to be close or have your undivided attention?
- Show obsessive-compulsive tendencies? Carry little things in pockets? Hoard things?
- Have difficulty sleeping?
- Appear not to be listening, but remember what you say weeks later?
- Say, “I’m bored!” or “I’m stupid” often?
- Wear the same clothes or graze on the same foods every day?
- Move more slowly when you are in a rush?
- Have a big heart, but sabotage friendships?
- Get angry or impatient when you talk too much or lecture?
- Act extremely funny, but also pensive and moody?
- Get along great with one parent, but struggle when both are around?
- Cheat, lie and blame others?
If you nodded your head to five or more, that means we “get” your kids and know how to create a home FREE from yelling, whining and battles. We will give you specific, step-by-step instructions to handle the toughest situations and get kids to listen, be respectful and responsible. If you want to PARENT LIKE GOD parents us, Take Advantage of Christian Parenting University CDs & DVDs.
If you have questions, call Brett at 888-506-1871. Brett@CalmCPU.com. He will be thrilled to listen to you, assess your specific needs and guide you to the right solutions for your family. We work with everyone’s budget so be bold and call.